Where Function & Texture Meat
When it comes to meat and ingredients, less is more. Understanding the nuances of formulating for varied processing parameters and applications is paramount. Our proven systems maximize the performance of native meat proteins for optimal yield, texture and functionality.
Efficient processing to maximize yields and deliver the tenderness, succulence, flavor and nutritional benefits consumers expect is a challenge. Selecting the right ingredient to deliver these benefits requires unparalleled experience provided by our process experts.
- Deli Meats
- Comminuted Meat
- Kebab Döner
- Marinated Meat
- Sodium Reduction
- Low Fat
- Higher Heat Processing
- Food Safety in Handling
What Our Food Scientists Are Saying
- Phosphates are a functional ingredient that affects the meat proteins to improve water-holding capacity and protein extraction which results in a meat product with better bind and improved texture.
- Phosphates can increase cooking yield and shelf life of a processed meats while maintaining juiciness and flavor.
- ICL’s alternative protein product portfolio ingredients are unique and functional while versatile to the boundaries of culinary imagination.
- There are numerous phosphate solutions available based on the customer’s needs. In addition to increasing the water-holding capacity and protein extractions, phosphates also have great buffering capacity and chelating ability.
- Phosphates provide excellent moisture retention in seafood throughout the following processes: soaking, freezing, thawing (if needed) and cooking.
Have a question?
Answers are just an email away. What can we help you with?
Ready to experience the ICL difference? What product can we send you?
Ready to collaborate?
Let our experts help you troubleshoot with applied science and application know-how.