What is Personal Information?
Personal information does not include anonymous or non-personal information (e.g., information that cannot be associated with or tracked back to a specific individual).
Types of Information Collected
We may collect and retain personal information about you and is relevant to providing you with the goods and services you are seeking. In particular, we may collect:
- full names and contact details (including e-mail addresses, addresses, company name, phone numbers and country of origin), along with other information from your computer, documents, browser, software and hardware attributes;
- product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to, or receive from, you, including with respect to any service, maintenance and repair of such products;
- credit and financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, and billing and credit history;
- business relationship information, including information related to your agreements, preferences, advisors and decision-makers;
- customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feed-back and information required or provided by or from you;
- your interests, demographics and experience with our products.
The above is a non-exhaustive list reflective of the information we may collect and process as part of our operations or services provided to you.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning. We may also collection information related to our media, investor and public relations activities and information related to our interactions with financial and other analysts and advisors.
While conducting business, BKG may monitor the activities of individuals in respect of its operations and its premises or property. For example, come BKG locations and facilities are equipped with surveillance cameras
As a general rule, BKG collects personal information directly from you. Where the personal information that we collect about you is held by third party, we will obtain your permission – to the extent required – before we seek out this information from such sources (such permission may be given directly by you or implied from your actions). The third parties that we may collect information from include credit reporting agencies.
From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties (including other members of the BKG corporate group) in our business and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of the services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
Purpose of Collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. However, we only collect and retain personal information when authorized by law, such as when you have provided consent; it is necessary for the performance of a contract or in order to take measures prior to entering into a contract; it is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests; or it is necessary to answer your requests. Generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related other performance of our legitimate interests, functions, and activities, such as for the following:
- providing goods and services to you or someone else you know;
- providing you with promotional material and information about other goods and services that we, our related entities and other organizations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfillment of any legal requirements;
- analyzing our goods and services and client needs with a view towards developing new or improved goods and services;
- maintenance and development of our Websites and services to develop and improve our Websites and services, including assessing and improving the user experience, managing user registrations, providing necessary functionality and assessing capacity requirements;
- registering customer, supplier, vendor or the like visitors; and
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Method of Collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via e-mail, or through a telephone conversation with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. Generally, we will notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Failure to Provide Information
As described elsewhere herein, your provision of personal information to us may be necessary for us to satisfy our contractual obligations with you, enter into a contact with you, or provide or offer you with goods or services. If the personal information you provide us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the goods and services you, or they, are seeking.
Internet Users and Cookies
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Generally, we only use or disclose and/or transfer personal information about you for the purpose for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- our related entities and other organizations with whom we have affiliations so that those organizations may provide you with information about goods and services and various promotions;
- to a buyer or other successor (potential or otherwise) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BKG’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BKG about our customers, clients or any Website users, is among the assets transferred;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any governmental authority request;
- protect rights, property or safety of BKG, our customers or others; and
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
We will not sell or release your personal information to third parties or allow them to direct market their products and services to you, except with your consent.
Where your consent was required for our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, you may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact information set forth below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may severely limit our ability to provide products or services to, or acquire products or services from, you. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
International Data Transfers
Because we operate globally, we may process your information outside the country in which you are located, including outside your own country and outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), including to Israel and the United States. In such areas, privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts or law enforcement may be able to access your data. Entities within our corporate group are required to comply with our privacy commitments and policies. In addition, we may share the personal information you submit to use to third parties who may be located in a country other than your own, and, where possible, we contractually require any third parties to protect your personal information. By providing your personal information to use, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to a country other than your own.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures. However, no security measure is completely secure (e.g. from malicious intrusion) and we are unable to guarantee complete security of your personal information.
Access and Correction
In certain countries, data protection and privacy law provide individuals with various rights, including the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing of, their personal information.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making the request for access). You may request that we delete or otherwise erase personal information that we collect and hold about you, provided, however, that (i) the personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected for; (ii) you withdraw consent to the processing activities and no other legal justification for processing exists; (iii) you object to processing for direct marketing purposes; (iv) BKG unlawfully processed the personal information.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to possess and process the personal information or where information may be exempt from disclosure due to legal obligations, our document retention policy or complying with any such request may require disproportionate efforts and we may decline a request where it is unreasonably repetitive or systematic or where we cannot identify you.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. No one under age 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, may provide any personal information to or on any Website, unless their parent provides consent. We do not knowingly collect information from children under thirteen (13), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If you are under thirteen (13), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, do not use or provide any information on any Website.
California Privacy Rights
BKG does not share or otherwise disclose personal information provided to us with other business for marketing uses. Our Websites do NOT use any technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and from across third-party websites or other online services (e.g., behavioral tracking). If you are a resident of California in the United States, you may have additional rights regarding your personal data. More information may be found here.
European Union (EU)
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subject. If you are afforded rights based upon the EU GDPR, then (in addition to the processes and procedures described herein), you may request that we erase your personal information or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. When technically feasible, we will – at your request – provide your personal information that is processed by automated means and was provided to us by you or transmit it directly to another organization. BKG does not use personal information provided to us to engage in automated-decision making.
Consent to Processing
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time (effective upon receipt of such request), subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer in the manner described below. If you do not consent to such activities, do not use the Websites.
We will endeavor to answer your questions and advise you of any steps taken to address the issues raised by you.